Dienstag, 20. August 2013

My first day - Mein erster Tag


Unbelievable


This first day at UWC-USA was simply overwhelming. My parents and I drove up to the school at exactly 12pm, where a gigantic committee of students came up to the car to give me hugs and greet me. It'll take a while to remember all the names. My roommate is Jabari Brown from Trinidad and Tobago. I've heard from everyone that he's a really great guy. The dorm that I'm staying in is called Mont Blanc, or "MB" by its inhabitants. When I arrived at my room, which is facing to the south, I saw that over 30 people had written little welcome notes and had pasted them to the walls all around my door. I still haven't read them all.. Surprisingly the whole content of my four suitcases fitted in the closet and under the bed inside the room.
After some time the bus with the students from the Albuquerque Airport arrived. It was an amazing experience to see all the secondyears run up to the bus and hit the windows with such a force that I thought they would break. That must have made a big impression to the people inside the bus.
At 7pm I had to say goodbye to my parents, even though I saw them again this morning.
After dinner there was a big party in the Student Center under the castle. It was fun to dance to a german party song that was played, but otherwise I was really tired. The next bus arrived at 1am, after which I quickly went to sleep. This first day was an amazing experience.
Today the orientation really started; we went to Walmart and set up our email-accounts. Now I'm waiting for dinner to start at 6pm.

I'm out.


Unglaublich

Gestern war mein erster Tag im United World College. Es war eine seht einstimmende Erfahrung. Meine Eltern und ich sind um 12Uhr am Eingang der Schule angekommen, wo mich fast alle Schüler mit Umarmungen und sehr freundlichen Worten begrüßen. So etwas habe ich noch nie erlebt. Ich war erstaunt, dass alles was in meinen vier Koffern war in die Schränke gepasst hat. Der Rest des Tages war auch sehr stimmungsvoll. Wir haben Spiele gespielt um sich besser kennenzulernen und danach gab es eine "Kulturschock"- Party, wo ich leider sehr müde war, aber es war trotzdem lustig zu Disco Pogo zu tanzen. 
Ein anderes sehr interessantes Erlebnis war die Ankunft der Busse vom Albuquerque Flughafen. Alle Second-years (die Schüler im Jahr über mir) sind zum Bus hingerannt und haben gegen alle Fensterscheiben geklopft. Das muss auch eine unglaubliche Einstimmung gewesen sein.
Heute hat die Orientierung erst richtig angefangen; wir waren beim Walmart und haben dann unsere Email-Konten erstellt.

Ich versuche mich bald wieder zu melden.


Julian
 My room


 The view from the room

 View from Lower Campus

The Castle

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen